Mangoes naturally sweetness make it easy to prepare a sugar-free breakfast bread or afternoon snack. We adapted this from a wheat-free Moist Mango Bread recipe from Preheat To 350° and based on our experience, we’re definitely going to try more of her recipes! This dairy-free loaf was perfect when paired with a cup of steaming hot black coffee.
Moist “Free” Mango Bread
- 1 1/2 cups mango puree 2-3 ripe mangoes
- 6 tbsp coconut oil or vegan butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 eggs or flaxseed eggs
- 1/4 cup plain unsweetened cashewgurt or other full-fat yogurt
- 1 tspn vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour finely ground
- 1 tspn baking soda
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease a regular 9″x 5″ x 3″ deep loaf pan with coconut oil or vegan butter. Cut a piece of parchment paper and fit it into the bottom of the pan and grease the paper also.
- Put sliced fresh mango into a blender and process until smooth. Pour into a glass measuring cup for 1 1/2 cups of mango puree and then transfer into a large bowl. If you have any extra blended mango, pour it into a small freezer-safe container and freeze it – instant fresh mango sorbet!
- Add the wet ingredients (coconut oil or vegan butter, flaxseed eggs, cashewgurt, and vanilla) to mango puree and mix to combine.
- Mix the dry ingredients (almond flour, baking soda, and baking powder) into the wet mixture until well combined. If you’re including any extras (e.g. macadamia nuts, chocolate chips) add them and stir to combine.
- Pour the smooth batter into your prepared pan. Bake in your preheated oven for approximately 60-65 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center. Let bread cool in pan.
- You should be able to remove the loaf by running a sharp knife around the edges of the pan, pulling on the parchment paper, and gently lifting or inverting the bread.