While cleaning out our freezer a few weeks ago, we noticed a large unopened bag of frozen corn. Thanks to Ina Garten’s “Barefoot Contessa: Back to Basics” we found the perfect way to use it. We kept the recipe vegan by using Miyoko’s European Style Cultured Vegan Butter and found that this was a great side dish to another recipe we adapted, “Roasted Butternut Squash with Citrus Vinaigrette”.
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 orange, red, or yellow bell pepper 1/2-inch diced
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 4 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh basil julienned or finely chopped
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a saute pan. Add the green onion and bell pepper, and saute until they’re both soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the vegan butter to the pan. After it melts, add the corn, salt, and pepper, and cook until the corn is hot, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the basil and serve hot.