We found a recipe on Forks Over Knives that sounded like heaven – Peanut Butter Chocolate Marble Pudding. Because, well, peanut butter and chocolate. And Forks Over Knives provides all plant-based recipes, so we knew this would be friendly to my dairy allergy. The only problem was that the recipe makes 10 puddings, and in our small city kitchen, we don’t have space to store ten 8-oz. ramekins. We were determined to enjoy some PB & C goodness, so we got to thinking, could this become a pudding pie? The answer, to our delight, was YES! We prepared the pudding recipe as called for, and then set the pudding aside while we baked a chocolate-graham cracker crust. Our only recommendation on the existing recipe from Forks Over Knives is to swap the proportion of peanut butter pudding and chocolate pudding. Essentially, you’ll make a “Chocolate Peanut Butter Marble Pudding”. The chocolate pudding flavor was just so good, that we wanted more of it!
Chocolate Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- 2 packs chocolate graham cracker
- 6 tbsp vegan butter melted
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- In a food processor, add the graham crackers and pulse until finely crumbled.
- Transfer the graham cracker crumbs to a bowl with the melted vegan butter and cinnamon, and stir to combine.
- Press the graham cracker mixture into an 8- or 9-inch (22-cm) pie dish, pressing an even layer on the bottom and sides of the dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes, and let crust cool completely before filling.