Another in our series of “not your typical burger and fries”, the mild chipotle spice in these turkey burgers is cooled by smooth guacamole. Roasted potato wedges offer a healthier alternative to traditional fried taters.
Chipotle Turkey Burgers
- 1 lb ground turkey thigh
- 1 tbsp chipotle in adobo
- 1 tso Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 green onion minced
- 1 tbsp avocado or extra virgin olive oil
- 4 slices cheese optional
- 4 brioche buns optional
- 1 tomato sliced thin
- butter lettuce whole leaves
- Combine the ground turkey, chipotle in adobo, Kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, minced scallion. Divide into 4 equal parts and form into a burger.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to the heated pan, about a tablespoon (pouring one-time around the pan). Gently lay each burger onto your pan. We cook our burgers in two batches because of our pan size.
- Cook the burgers for 3-5 minutes; check the bottom side to ensure it’s crispy and nicely browned before flipping the burgers to the second side. Continue cooking for another few minutes, to your desired level of doneness.
- If using cheese, add a slice to each burger while it’s cooking on the second side. You can put a lid on the pan for 1-2 minutes to help the cheese melt faster.
- Remove the burgers from the skillet and add to a crusty toasted bun or lay on a bed of lettuce. Sliced avocado or a dollop of guacamole along with butter lettuce and tomato slices, complete this delicious burger. Enjoy!