If you’re looking for a quick snack before a workout, or a pick-me-up with a cup of coffee, these energy balls are easy to make and have just a touch of sweetness. The original recipe came from Jamie Geller, but we amped up the coffee quota a bit to add an extra bit of caffeine “umph”.
Tiramisu Date Energy Balls
- 1 cup almonds raw, unsalted
- 8 dates pitted, chopped
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp strong coffee or espresso
- Grind the raw almonds in your food processor; scoop out 3 tablespoons and set aside.
- Add the chopped dates, cocoa powder, and coffee. Process again until it all comes together into a paste.
- Scoop out tablespoon sized pieces and roll into balls. Divide the mixture into 10 even-sized balls.
- Roll each ball in the chopped almonds that you set aside, to coat.
- Place the balls on a sheet and chill for at least 30 minutes.