During the Whole Life Challenge, we like to find recipes that address our sweet tooth without needing to add sugar. We discovered these Carrot “Cake” Bites from The Paleo Mom, which we made even healthier and vegan by using a secret ingredient to replace the unsalted butter in the original recipe.
Carrot “Cake” Bites
- 1 cup carrot grated
- 3/4 cup walnuts chopped
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch cloves
- 1/2 cup Medjool dates pitted and chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pulse the dates and walnuts in a food processor to form a paste. Continue adding the rest of the ingredients and pulse to combine. You can also easily mix by hand.
- Roll the dough into 1.5-2″ balls and place on your cookie sheet. Flatten each ball to 1/2′ thick using the back of a spatula, a spoon, or your hand.
- Bake for 14-minutes, depending on how large you made each cake bite. You can enjoy them warm from the oven; store them on your counter in an airtight container for up to two days, and if there are any left, move them to the fridge after that!