The perfect mash-up of flavors on a dinner plate! Warm roasted chicken breast, crisp paleo bacon, freshly hard-boiled eggs, cool avocado slices, Violife “Just Like Feta” vegan feta, and homemade balsamic vinaigrette over a bed of red romaine lettuce. We promise it’s worth three minutes to experiment with making your own salad dressing!
Paleo Cobb Salad
- 1 1/2 lb chicken breast (3-4 breasts)
- 4 eggs medium-hard boiled
- 4 slices bacon paleo (sugar free)
- 1 avocado sliced
- 4 oz vegan feta
- 1 head red romaine lettuce roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Pan roast your chicken breasts. First, lightly season the chicken on both sides with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Heat about 1 tb of extra virgin olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until its hot. Place the chicken breasts in the skillet, and cook a few minutes on each side, until either the internal temperature reaches 150 degrees F or the breasts look white in the middle. Remove chicken from heat and allow to rest.
- Place 4 raw eggs into a small pot and fill them with cold water. Add kosher salt to the water, and place the pot on the stove top on high heat. Bring the water to a boil, and then urn off heat. Cover the pan and let it stand for as little as 90 seconds for soft-boiled eggs to as long as 10-11 minutes for hard-boiled.
- While the eggs are boiling, cook your bacon, to as crispy as you like.
- Prepare the balsamic vinaigrette. Pour about 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil into a bowl and add 1/2 to 2/3 as much nice balsamic vinegar. Add kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste, and whisk until the liquids emulsify and combine into a dressing. The entire process should take only 2-3 minutes.
- Assemble the salad. Dress the romaine lettuce in a large bowl with your homemade vinaigrette, and then dish out equal portions into salad bowls. Add a portion of sliced chicken breast, a boiled egg, a few slices of avocado, a slice of bacon, crumbled, and an ounce of vegan feta, crumbled. Serve and enjoy!