My husband brought home 5 pounds of baby carrots from our weekly farm pick-up. Can you visualize home many carrots are in a 5 pound bag? It’s a lot of carrots. We love carrots, raw and cooked, but there was no way our family could consume all of these raw. We needed an easy recipe to cook up a bunch of these. Enter, roasting! Always a simple way to cook a large quantity of fresh veggies, and bring out their natural sweetness and flavor. Neither of my children complained about having to finish these veggies on their dinner plate. A sprinkling of kosher salt complements the natural sweetness of the carrots, and with the brussels, they make a lovely pair.
Roasted Carrots and Brussels Sprouts
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger minced
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 lb carrots chopped
- 1/2 lb Brussels sprouts quartered
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F. Prep the carrots and Brussels sprouts. Cut the carrots to be nearly equal in size to the Brussels.
- In a large bowl, whisk the avocado oil with lime juice, fresh minced ginger, Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Toss the carrots and Brussels sprouts with the dressing in the bowl, and then spoon onto a baking sheet. Roast the vegetables until tender and golden brown, 25-30 minutes.