With only 8 ingredients, this recipe delivers a naturally sweetened bread without grains, dairy, or sugar. Mix up the batter in less than 5 minutes, then sit back and wait for about an hour while it bakes in the oven (and fills your kitchen with the amazing aroma of cinnamon and banana!) You can easily create variations of this bread by adding 1/4 cup of chopped nuts, dried fruit, cacao nibs or unsweetened shredded coconut to the batter. Enjoy!
Paleo Banana Bread
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 large overripe bananas mashed
- 2 flax eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract pure, all natural
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a loaf pan with coconut oil. Prepare your flax eggs and give them at least 5 minutes to set.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl with a whisk.
- Mash your bananas in a separate, medium bowl. Add the applesauce, flax eggs, and vanilla, and whisk together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the large bowl with the dry ingredients and mix until fully incorporated. Pour into you prepared pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes (potentially up to an hour if your oven is as old as ours!), or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes; transfer it onto a wire rack to cool completely. Slice and enjoy while it’s still warm, or enjoy it the next day toasted with almond butter and berries. Enjoy!