The original recipe from Chef Enrique Olvera in Tu Casa Mi Casa included a few greens we couldn’t find at our local grocer or specialty Mexican market. So we improvised, and enjoyed the results of our creativity. We served this with a trio of roasted vegetables – golden beets, Brussels sprouts, and radishes. This is an easy weeknight dinner prep that produces a fresh and light fish entree.
Baked Fish with Greens
- 1 1/2 lb sea bass fillet skinless
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1 lime sliced
- 1 lemon sliced
- 3-4 sprigs fresh mint
- 3-4 sprigs parsley or cilantro
- 3-4 sprigs epazote or other fresh herb
- 3-4 sprigs lamb’s quarter or other fresh herb
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Portion the bass fillet into 4 pieces and season on all sides with salt. for each portion, place citrus and herbs on top of a sheet of aluminum foil; center the bass on top and then place the remaining citrus and herbs onto the fish. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Wrap each fish portion with the foil and place on a baking sheet. Bake about 25 minutes in your heated oven, until the fish feels tender to the the touch.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot with roasted vegetables, rice, or salad.