This fresh, light salad includes a simple balsamic vinaigrette, naval orange slices, and ripe avocado. It couldn’t be easier to whip together! We recently enjoyed with spicy Mexican Chorizo and Sweet Potatoes.
Citrus Avocado Salad
- 1 head bib or butter lettuce roughly chopped
- 1 avocado chopped
- 1 naval orange peeled and sliced in rounds
- 2-3 green onions chopped fine
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vineger
- Kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Prepare the balsamic vinaigrette: in a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and freshly ground black pepper until emulsified (combined).
- Add the chopped lettuce into a large salad bowl, along with the green onions. Toss with the dressing to coat. Pour the avocado slices gently over the top, and then lay the orange slices around the center of the bowl. Serve and enjoy!