We were stoked to receive 15 Bacon avocados in our farm basket last week. Bacon avocados are lighter in color and flavor than Hass avocados, and they have a higher water content. We like them for sweet recipes as they have less of a traditional “avocado” flavor but the same creamy, smooth texture. They absorb the flavor characteristics of more powerful ingredients, like the vanilla and banana in this quick and easy smoothie. If you’re craving more of a pudding consistency, add a tablespoon of chia seeds and place the entire mixture in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
Vanilla Avocado Smoothie
- 1 1/2 ripe bananas
- 1 bacon avocado
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup non-dairy yogurt plain, unsweetened
- dash Kosher salt
- 2 tsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp slivered almonds
- 1 date chopped
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Add the first 5 ingredients to a blender and mix until smooth.
- Pour into two serving bowls; sprinkle with coconut flakes and slivered almonds. Enjoy!
- If you add chia seeds, after you pour into two serving bowls, allow the smoothie to rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, up to a few hours. You’ll end up with more of a pudding consistency.