I was inspired to make these wheat-/gluten-free cookies from the same cookbook I’ve referenced a lot lately – “Run Fast. Cook Fast. Eat Slow.” That version uses eggs and honey; mine are dairy and sugar free, made with unsweetened applesauce. My husband and I enjoyed them fresh from the oven, and then the rest of the week toasted with nut butter for breakfast and afternoon snacks.
Coconut Banana Breakfast Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut unsweetened
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup mashed banana 1-2 bananas
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine the oats, coconut, coconut flour, raisins, cinnamon, and salt. Add the applesauce, banana, and coconut oil and stir thoroughly.
- Roll approximately 2 tablespoons of batter into balls and space apart 2 inches on the baking sheets. .
- Flatten slightly and then bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the bottoms are nicely browned.