This dressed-up roasted cauliflower side dish is aromatic and tastes sophisticated, but is super-simple to prep. I couldn’t eat more than a bite or two because cauliflower is on my list of low-FODMAP no-go’s, but the rest of our family enjoyed this. Both of our sons ate these veggie’s without complaint! We adapted this recipe from Alice Hart’s Vegetarian pan-fried version. We served this alongside our Roasted Trout with Bacon.
Roasted Cauliflower with Cumin, Chili, and Almonds
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small cauliflower separated into small florets
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 red chili deseeded and finely sliced
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped
- Kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the cauliflower florets in 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, Kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, cumin seeds, and red chili, and then spread out evenly on the prepared sheet.
- Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the florets develop brown and crispy spots. Add the almonds for the final 2-3 minutes in the oven, watching to ensure they don't burn.
- Transfer everything to a medium bowl and toss with additional 1 tablespoon of olive oil plus chopped parsley. Enjoy!