We used the receipt of a few pounds of Bacon Avocados in our farm basket as an excuse to look beyond guacamole and expand our avocado recipe repertoire. Enter these beautiful individual tarts from “Run Fast. Cook Fast. Eat Slow.” We served these cuties for dessert after a fun dinner with good friends. The filling is creamy and tart; the crust is sweet and chewy.
Avocado Lime Tarts
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats gluten-free
- 1 cup dates pitted
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- pinch Kosher salt
- 2 small ripe Bacon Avocados or 1 large Haas Avocado
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice approx. 3 limes
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp Kosher salt
- Line a standard muffin tin with 8 paper muffin cups.
- Make the crust: pulse the oats and dates in a food processor until they're finely ground. add the sesame seeds, coconut oil, and salt, and keep processing until they're all combined.
- Divide the crust evenly between the 8 muffin cups and pack it firmly down using your fingers. My nine year old son was a great help with this step!
- Make the filling: Use a blender to mix the avocado, lime juice, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, and salt until smooth.
- Divide the filling evenly between the 8 muffin cups, pouring it on top of the packed-down crust.
- Place in the freezer at least one hour to set. Store any leftovers in the freezer in air-tight freezer-safe container.