Our farm basket this week included two extra-large bundles of fresh chives – yum! I sought out chive-focused recipes, and started seeing a lot of butter- and wheat- heavy biscuit recipes. My mouth watered at the thought of biscuits, but of course, mine needed to avoid dairy and wheat. I adapted Paleo Running Momma’s recipe for Bacon Chive Paleo Biscuits to create a version focused entirely on the chives. Enjoy!
Paleo Chive Biscuits (Dairy-Free)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup arrowroot flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tbsp vegan butter chopped and cold
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk plus 1 tbsp
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cups fresh chives chopped
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl, then add the vegan butter and blend in food processor on pulse until an evenly crumbly mixture forms. Remove from the food processor to a medium bowl.
- Make a well in the center and add the coconut milk, lemon juice, and eggs. Stir well until you you have a sticky dough with the flour incorporated. Stir in the chives to evenly distribute.
- Allow the dough to thicken for about 2 minutes.
- Lightly wet your hands, and dividing the dough into equal-sized portions approximately 1/4 cup, roll each into a ball.
- Bake in the heated oven until lightly golden brown, 13-15 minutes. Cool biscuits on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes on a wire rack.