Our weekly farm basket included an array of bright green and yellow summer squash. We transformed them into a delicious snack using vegan Parmesan and gluten-free bread crumbs. The original recipe came from Ellie Krieger of the Food Network.
Zucchini Parmesan Crisps (Vegan)
- 1 lb summer squash (e.g. zucchini)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup vegan Parmesan
- 1/4 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1/8 tsp Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F and brush a baking sheet with oil or cooking spray.
- Cut the squash into 1/4-inch thick slices, and toss them with the olive oil in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the Parmesan, bread crumbs, Kosher salt, and freshly ground black pepper to combine.
- Dip each squash slice into the mixture, coating it evenly on both sides. You'll need to press the coating on with your fingers for it to stick. Place each slice on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the slices until browned and crisp, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove with a spatula. Best enjoyed hot!