These brownies are dark, rich, moist, and hearty; they’re more sophisticated than a traditional brownie, especially with our addition of a flax egg. The recipe calls for a full cup of PB2 organic powdered peanut butter, but the end result isn’t too nutty. They’re still sweet enough for our younger son to enjoy! We adapted this recipe from Skinny Taste.
Dairy-Free Peanut Buttery Brownies
- 1 large egg
- 1 flax egg
- 1 cup PB2 organic powdered peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup water plus 1 tbsp
- 2 small ripe bananas mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup oat milk
- 3/4 cup vegan or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 325°F and prepare a nonstick square baking pan with cooking spray. Make your flax egg (1 tbsp flax seed combined with 3 tbsp water).
- Combine the PB2, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda and mix well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and flax egg until combined. Add to the dry mix and stir.
- Add the water, mashed bananas, and vanilla and stir with a spatula to combine. Gently add in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan and bake until set, about 30 minutes. Set aside to cool.