We found this recipe at Whole Kitchen Sink, and hands down, this is one of my favorite salads ever! The veggies are cool and crisp, the dressing is a wonderful blend of sesame, ginger, and coconut aminos, and the grilled chicken has that awesome warm, slightly charred, flavor. So good!
Sesame Chicken Salad
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 4 green onions diced
- 2/3 head green cabbage finely sliced
- 2 cups shredded carrots 4-5 large carrots
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 large orange diced
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds
- Whisk to combine all the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl.
- Add 3-4 tablespoons of the dressing into a plastic ziptop bag or plasticware container with secure lid. Add the chicken thighs and cover with dressing. Allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Grill the marinated chicken. You can also cook the chicken in a large skillet over medium heat on your stovetop.
- Combine all other salad ingredients into a large bowl. Toss with the dressing and add sliced chicken to the top. Enjoy!