We adapted this recipe from a Paleo Carrot Cake Bread recipe we found from Real Food with Jessica. With a few minor adjustments, we created a vegan and sugar free version that worked great for pre-workout or mid-morning snacks.
Vegan Carrot Cake Bread
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots 1-2 medium carrots
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 flax eggs 9 tbsp water + 3 tbsp flax seed
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup raisins and toasted walnuts optional
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F and grease a loaf pan with coconut oil.
- Prepare the flax eggs: combine 3 tablespoons of water with every 1 tablespoon of flax. Whisk and set aside.
- Combine grated carrots, coconut oil, and applesauce in a large bowl. Stir until mixed. Add the flax eggs and stir until combined.
- Add the almond and coconut flours, salt, cinnamon, baking soda, and baking powder. Fold in raisins and toasted walnuts, and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour into pan; bake 35-38 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the bread comes out clean. Allow to cool a bit before removing from pan and slicing.