This is a non-typical turkey meatball recipe, which we adapted from “Sheet Pan Paleo” by Pamela Ellgen. Oregano-seasoned turkey meatballs sit atop a bed of greens dressed with a lovely fresh tahini-lemon dressing; brightly colored cherry tomatoes add a pop of color and sweet flavors to this savory Paleo salad.
Middle Eastern Turkey Meatballs
- 2 lb ground turkey thigh
- 4 tbsp flax seeds
- 2 eggs
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 jalapeno seeds removed
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 2 tsp Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tbsp olive oil optional
- 1 head lettuce
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Use a food processor to chop up the carrot, jalapeno, and red bell pepper.
- Use your hands to combine the turkey, flax, eggs, veggies, montreal seasoning, oregano, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Form the mixture into 16 balls and place on a large baking sheet.
- Bake the meatballs uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes, turning them over halfway through. They should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- While the meatballs are cooking, prepare the dressing. Whisk together the tahini and lemon juice, and add salt and pepper to taste. If the dressing is too thick, whisk in up to 1 tablespoon of olive oil to thin.
- Toss the lettuce in the tahini dressing; place 3-4 meatballs on top along with tomatoes and avocado slices. Enjoy!