Adding a splash of balsamic vinegar adds just a hint of sweetness to these beautiful roasted brussels sprouts. They’re cooked with slices of bacon on top, which allow the flavor and fat from the bacon to seep into the vegetables. Truly delightful! We served this alongside Georgian Pecan-Crusted Trout.
Roasted Balsamic Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- 2 lb brussels sprouts peeled and quartered
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 slices paleo (sugar free) bacon chopped roughly
- 1 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the quartered brussels sprouts into a large bowl. Toss them in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. Spread them out on the prepared baking sheet.
- Cover the brussels sprouts with pieces of bacon.
- Roast in the oven 25-30 minutes, or until the bacon is crisp and the veggies well roasted and browned. Enjoy!