If you’re sick of typical burgers (think beef, turkey, or veggie) then I suggest you give this patty a try. It’s surprisingly tasty, and super-fast prep which makes it ideal for a busy weeknight. We served ours with rice, steamed asparagus, and a green salad. Skip the rice to keep the meal paleo, or place the burgers on a bun like we did for our sons. We spread creamy avocado on their buns instead of mayo, and they loved it.
Salmon Dill Burgers
- 1 lb skinless salmon fillet
- 1/2 cup almond flour blanched
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp fresh dill finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- Rinse the salmon and pat it dry with paper towels. Cut it into 1/4 inch cubes.
- Combine the salmon with the almond flour, eggs, lemon zest, dill, and salt in a large bowl. Form the mixture into 2-inch patties.
- Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the patties 4-6 minutes per side, until they're golden brown. Enjoy!