These veggie burgers from “The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook” are healthy and flavorful, especially smothered in Low-FODMAP Barbecue Sauce and served with a side of avocado and oven-baked fries. They’d be great chopped up and served with fried eggs and corn tortillas for breakfast, too!
Black Bean Burgers
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4-5 green onions chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper diced
- 2 cups black beans cooked
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground chipotle
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a skillet and heat over medium-high. Add the green onion and bell pepper, and saute until softened, about 8-10 minutes.
- Combine the onion mixture, beans, salt, cumin, chipotle, eggs, and almond flour in a large bowl. Form the mixture into 6 equal patties.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in the same skillet on medium-high heat. Cook the burgers 4-6 minutes on each side, until browned around the edges. Move the cooked burgers to a paper-towel lined sheet before serving.