This salmon dish is one of our family go-to’s because it’s easy and delicious. The recipe comes from “Run Fast. Cook Fast. Eat Slow.“, a cookbook I’ll be referencing a lot this fall while I train for a half-marathon (I’m trying to avoid getting hangry by having lots of filling snacks in the house to help me stabilize between meals). We paired the salmon with Japanese rice, roasted veggies, and a delicious Stir-Fried Spicy Asparagus.
Miso Butter Salmon
- 1 lb salmon fillet
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 tbsp miso paste gluten-free
- Prepare the miso butter: with your butter at room temperature, stir it together with the miso paste until combined.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place the salmon skin-side down on the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with salt. Smear the miso butter on top of the fillet carefully.
- Bake in the center of your oven until the fish is opaque in the center; this can take 10 to 16 minutes depending on the thickness of your fillet.
- Serve with rice and veggies of your choice. Enjoy!