Have you ever had this experience? It’s 4pm on a Sunday and it’s your turn to cook dinner. You’re so exhausted you’re not sure how you’ll have the energy to throw together anything edible, but you have other humans waiting to eat dinner and you can’t let them down?
Of course if you live in an area that offers delivery, you can go online or pick up your phone and place an order. If that’s not an option because of your location, your budget, or your dietary restrictions, give this recipe a try. it takes just a handful of ingredients and a few minutes of active cooking to put a colorful, filling, and healthy meal on the table.
We added roasted veggies (Brussels sprouts and purple cabbage) on the side. They’re tossed in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper, and roasted at 425 degrees F until fully cooked, crispy, and browned (25-35 minutes).
Rice Bowl with Fried Egg and Avocado
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 2 cups white or brown rice cooked
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 avocado chopped
- hot sauce
- Prepare the rice according to package instructions.
- Mix the cooked rice, green onions, and vinegar in a small bowl; add salt and pepper to taste.
- To fry the eggs, heat the olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Crack the eggs into skillet; season with salt and pepper and cook until whites are set but yoke still runny, about 3 minutes.
- Divide rice among bowls; top with eggs, avocado, and your favorite hot sauce.