This bread is light and ever-so-slightly sweet from the natural flavor of ripe mangoes. All you really need is a blender and a loaf plan to make this dairy-free and wheat-free bread. It’s simple and perfect when paired with a cup of steaming hot black coffee. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups mango puree
- 6 tbsp vegan butter cold
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup oat milk or other thick non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup whole oats processed into flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 pinch Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a regular 9″x 5″ x 3″ deep loaf pan with coconut oil or vegan butter. Cut a piece of parchment paper and fit it into the bottom of the pan and grease the paper also.
- Put sliced fresh mango into a blender and process until smooth. If you have any extra blended mango, pour it into a small freezer-safe container and freeze it – instant fresh mango sorbet!
- Add the wet ingredients (vegan butter, eggs, oat milk, applesauce, and vanilla) with the mango puree directly into the blender and mix to combine.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and blend until well combined.
- Pour the smooth batter into your prepared pan. Bake in your preheated oven for approximately 65 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center.
- Let the bread cool in pan. You should be able to remove the loaf by running a sharp knife around the edges of the pan, pulling on the parchment paper, and gently lifting or inverting the bread.