It’s October, and that means Pumpkin Spice everything! I was craving something sweet and spicy, and did a little happy dance when I saw a recipe for Pumpkin Spice Superhero Muffins in my favorite cookbook “Run Fast. Cook Fast. Eat Slow“. I made a few changes to keep these yummy muffins dairy-free and sugar-free.
Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin puree unsweetened
- 6 tbsp vegan butter melted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper muffin cups.
- Combine the almond flour, oats, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, salt, walnuts, and raisins in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk to combine the eggs, pumpkin puree, melted vegan butter, and applesauce. Add to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Spoon the batter into the prepare pan using a large spoon or a 1/4 cup measure. Fill each cup to the brim. Add a nice walnut and raisin as decoration.
- Bake until the muffins are evenly browned on top and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, 30-35 minutes (mine were done at 30 minutes).