The best thing about this recipe is that it produces more curry sauce than you need for dinner; save the leftovers and serve for lunch the next day with a fried egg and a scoop of rice. The recipe for turmeric coconut curry sauce comes from “Run Fast. Cook Fast. Eat Slow“.
Turmeric Fish Curry
- 1 lb white fish cod, snapper, or whatever you like
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch green onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger minced
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1 can coconut milk 13.5 oz
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 large carrots chopped
- 4 small yukon gold potatoes quartered
- Bake the fish in a 400 degree F oven. Lightly oil a baking dish; salt and pepper the fish and place in the dish. Cover and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Prepare the curry sauce: heat the oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the green onion and salt and cook, stirring frequently, until the onion has softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the ginger, curry powder, turmeric, and cayenne, and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the coconut milk and bring to a boil. Add the carrots and potatoes. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens and the veggies are softened, about 10 minutes.
- Serve on top of scoop of rice and a 1/4 lb of baked fish. Enjoy!