I dreamt up this bright Whipped Avocado Salad on our flight home from Paris. It’s filling enough to serve as a weeknight family dinner – you can add grilled chicken breast or a warm soft-boiled egg if you’re looking for something a little heartier, but it’s not necessary.
Whipped Avocado Salad
- 2 avocados ripe
- 1 head lettuce romaine or butter
- 1 pomegranate
- 1 orange
- 1 red grapefruit
- 2 tbsp chives chopped fine
- 4 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Blend the ripe avocado in your blender until smooth and creamy.
- Prepare the dressing: whisk the oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper together until emulsified. Toss the lettuce with the dressing.
- Slice the citrus and peel the pomegranate. Assemble the salad in a large bowl, lettuce first, then chives, fruit, seeds, and finally, the whipped avocado. Serve and enjoy!