Roasted Potato Wedges
- 4 russet potatoes
- kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F. Prepare a large roasting pan by covering it in aluminum foil. Thoroughly wash and clean the potatoes, since you’ll be keeping the skins on. Slice your potatoes into wedges and place them in a large bowl.
- Add kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to the bowl, to your taste. Pour avocado or olive oil into the bowl, and toss until the potatoes are evenly covered. Place the wedges onto your pan, evenly dispersed.
- Bake the potatoes for up to an hour, checking them at 45 minutes for doneness. They should be brown and crispy on the outside, and easily pierced with a fork.
This recipe is a simple formula you can adjust in three ways: by the variety of potato, the seasonings you use, and the style of cut you select. So while this example includes russet potatoes seasoned with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper and sliced into large wedges, you could easily use sweet potatoes seasoned with kosher salt, organic cinnamon, and black pepper, cut in a thin “shoestring” style. The basics are the same – get creative and enjoy!