These Peanut Butter Banana Muffins (no dairy or wheat) are perfect for a breakfast on the go, pre-run snack, or post-workout recovery. Actually, they’re great as an anytime snack, and since they’re low in sugar, there’s no justification needed to enjoy!
Peanut Butter Banana Muffins (No Dairy No Wheat)
- 1/4 cup PB2
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup garbanzo bean flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 large ripe bananas mashed
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup oat milk
- peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 350*F. Line a muffin pan with paper liners and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients – PB2, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Place the mashed bananas in a mixing bowl and add the coconut sugar, applesauce, coconut oil, eggs, oat milk, and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- Add the dry mixture to the banana mixture in a few batches. Mix until just combined (don't overmix).
- Fill muffin liners 1/3 full and add a dollop of peanut butter; add more batter to reach 3/4 full. Bake 20-22 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Remove the muffins from the pan and serve warm or room temperature.