We adapted this recipe from Slender Kitchen, removing the spice factor and using a few different ingredients. This was a fast and easy mid-week dinner that made an easy leftover lunch to bring to work the next day. We served the stir-fry with a delicious Swiss Chard recipe and a scoop of fresh Roasted Tomato sauce (made by roasting plum tomatoes and blending them up with extra virgin olive oil, a bit of Kosher salt, and freshly ground black pepper).
Turkey and Green Beans Stir-Fry
- 4 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger minced
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1/2 lb ground turkey thigh
- 4 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to broil. Toss the green beans with 2 teaspoons of coconut oil. Lay them flat on a baking sheet covered in aluminum foil. Broil the beans until tender and beginning to char, about 6-8 minutes.
- Heat the remaining coconut oil and sesame oil over medium high heat in a non-stick skillet. Add the ground turkey, fresh ginger, Kosher salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Stir occasionally, browning turkey until it's fully cooked.
- Add the green beans to the pan and stir; then add the coconut aminos and vinegar. Cook for 1 minute; remove from heat and serve. Enjoy!