We found a recipe for Chia Pudding in “Tu Casa Mi Casa” that used maple syrup to sweeten and vanilla bean to season. We opted for lower-cost and more accessible vanilla extract, and homemade date paste for natural sweetness. My husband prepared the pudding at night; in the morning, I quickly cut up some mango and strawberries, and added salted pistachios and unsweetened coconut flakes. We had a delicious and filling breakfast in less than 5 minutes. You can mix and match fruits, nuts, and seeds to mix into the pudding – the options are endless!
Vegan Chia Pudding
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup non-dairy milk or canned Coconut milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp date paste or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup assorted fresh or dried fruits, nuts, and seeds
- In a blender, combine the water, non-dairy milk, cinnamon, date paste, and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- You can either add the chia into the blender and blend until combined, or pour the blended mix into a bowl with the chia seeds, and whisk to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or as long as overnight.
- Serve topped with your favorite mix of fresh or dried fruit, nuts, seeds, and unsweetened coconut flakes. Enjoy!