We’ve made a habit of adapting the chia pudding recipe in “Tu Casa Mi Casa” to make a delicious, filling, and beautiful breakfast. My husband prepares the pudding at night; in the morning, I quickly cut up some fruit and added salted nuts or seeds, and unsweetened coconut flakes – 5 minute weekday breakfast! This version is particularly special, as it uses homemade strawberry cashewmilk. If you don’t have the desire or supplies to make your own nut miks, simply add 1 cup of fresh strawberries to 3 cups of store bought nut milk, blend them together, and pour the mixture over a strainer to remove the strawberry seeds.
Strawberry Cashew Chia Pudding (Vegan)
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup strawberry cashewmilk or other non-dairy milk or canned coconut milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp date paste or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup assorted fresh or dried fruits, nuts and seeds
- In a blender, combine the water, non-dairy milk, cinnamon, date paste, and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- You can either add the chia into the blender and blend until combined, or pour the blended mix into a bowl with the chia seeds, and whisk to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or as long as overnight.
- Serve topped with your favorite mix of fresh or dried fruit, nuts, seeds, and unsweetened coconut flakes. Enjoy!