Once you stop adding sugar to every recipe, the natural sweetness of the ingredients really does display itself in full glory. This dessert is 100% sweetened by the fruit; it’s fresh and delicious, and absolutely perfect for late summer when stone fruits are ripe and beautiful.
Peach Blueberry Paleo Crumble
- 4 peaches sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Make the filling: place the peaches and blueberries in an 8-inch baking dish.
- Make the topping: combine the almond flour, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Add the vanilla extract to the coconut oil in a measuring cup, and whisk together. Pour the liquid into the dry mixture and stir until coarsely blended and crumbly.
- Sprinkle the topping over the fruit. Cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes and then remove the foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until the topping is golden and the juices from the fruits are bubbling.
- Allow to cool on the stove top for 30 minutes before serving warm. Enjoy!