After falling in love with a basic recipe for chia pudding we adapted from “Tu Casa Mi Casa”, we’ve begun to iterate and create variations on the original. The Strawberry Cashew Chia Pudding we made using homemade strawberry cashewmilk was delicious. This version uses almond milk and matcha green tea powder. The taste of matcha is strong, so we use only a teaspoon to flavor the pudding, and add extra date paste for balance. Matcha contains antioxidants called polyphenols – micronutrients which may offer some protection against heart disease and cancer, and support better blood sugar regulation and blood pressure reduction. It contains caffeine, about the same amount as you receive from coffee.
Matcha Chia Pudding (Vegan)
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup almond milk or canned Coconut milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup date paste or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp matcha green tea powder
- In a blender, combine the water, non-dairy milk, cinnamon, date paste, and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- You can either add the chia into the blender and blend until combined, or pour the blended mix into a bowl with the chia seeds, and whisk to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or as long as overnight.
- Serve topped with your favorite mix of fresh or dried fruit, nuts, seeds, and unsweetened coconut flakes. Enjoy!