We adapted this veggie side dish from a recipe by David Tanis in The New York Times, and in our humble opinions, it’s perfect. Simple, fast, and versatile – serve it with fish, pasta, rice, meat – we’re definitely making it again!
Stir-Fried Spicy Asparagus
- 1 1/2 lb asparagus
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger minced
- 1/2 Serrano chile finely chopped
- Prep the asparagus: snap off and discard the bottoms, and cut each spear into 2-inch lengths.
- In a skillet, heat the oil until it's nearly smoking. Add the asparagus, salt and pepper, and stir well.
- Continue to stir-fry over high heat for 1 minute, until the asparagus looks bright green.
- Add the ginger and chile, and stir-fry 30 seconds more. The spears should still be a bit crisp, barely cooked.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve immediately. Enjoy!