If you don’t consider yourself a planner, you may not see the value of meal planning. Do you imagine it would restrain your spontaneity or limit your creativity? We’ve been meal planning every week for well over a year (and we’ve kept a copy of every plan) and can assure you that we are far more imaginative home cooks now than we were before we began.
It’s hard to know where to begin when taking on a new process like meal planning, and you may be thinking “Why bother?” Here are the five benefits we immediately experienced when we began weekly meal planning.
1. Save Money: Within the first month of meal planning we reduced our food spend by $500.
2. Reduce Stress: Establishing a written meal plan enabled us to spend more quality time together as a family.
3. Save Time: We’ve gotten back up to 3 hours each week.
4. Reduce Waste: we’re able to nearly empty our fridge of perishable goods every Friday afternoon.
5. Feel Healthier: We know everything we’re consuming and putting into our bodies, and we’re motivated to incorporate a regular exercise routine.
For more details on each of these benefits, and a bonus 6th benefit, read this post “5 Immediate Benefits of Meal Planning.”
Are you ready to give meal planning a shot? Our 5 tips for making a weekly meal plan are right here. You can also sign up to receive a weekly meal plan delivered to your email inbox every weekend. Then, come back and share other benefits you experience from meal planning!